----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Lili Lagan" <lililagan@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:35:02 AM
Subject: Warning!
I just received a call from a heavily accented man at this number, 347-269-0834 (a NY number), who left a voice mail that said that my Social Security number was being investigated by the State. I could call to get more information or settle out of court (??). I did not answer his call because it was an unavailable number, and I did not call him back. I looked the number up on line and found that it's a scam. I called the local police and left a message with a detective to return my call so that I can give him the information. What's scary is that he has the Social Security numbers and dates of birth of the people he calls. If you should get a call from him, call the police. Do NOT under any circumstances send him money. By the way, you can enter phone numbers into your browser and the information will often come up, especially for numbers like this.
The local police told me that since it's a NY number, it's out of their jurisdiction. They forwarded the info to NY. However, he said there's not much they can do--most of these calls are forwarded from a European number. Call the police anyway. Maybe at some point, they will shut down this number. I don't understand why they let these people continue to call from this number, as they have been doing so for some time.
The local police told me that since it's a NY number, it's out of their jurisdiction. They forwarded the info to NY. However, he said there's not much they can do--most of these calls are forwarded from a European number. Call the police anyway. Maybe at some point, they will shut down this number. I don't understand why they let these people continue to call from this number, as they have been doing so for some time.
Well-behaved women rarely make history. Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
No comments:
Post a Comment